- This just in March 12
J.J. Abrams' quest to cast the next generation of Jedi for Star Wars: Episode VII is reportedly nearing its end. According to multiple sources at Variety, five young actors are currently battling to secure the film's lead role. They are:
* Jesse Plemons, of Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad fame
* Ed Speelers, who currently stars in Downton Abbey
*John Boyega, who starred in Attack the Block
*Matthew James Thomas, a theater actor who had a supporting role in 2000's Billy Elliot
*Ray Fisher, who played Muhammad Ali in New York Theatre Workshop's Fetch Clay, Make Man last year
Specifics of the role remain unclear, but Variety says the character "is believed to be a Jedi apprentice." May the Force be with all of them.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week