- This just in March 13
Early Thursday, a gray sedan drove through a barricade and into a crowd at the South By Southwest festival in Austin. Police say the car killed two people on a moped and injured at least 23 others, five of them critically. The driver, who was fleeing a DWI stop, is in custody. The crowd was on the blocked-off Red River Street outside the Mowhawk club, where rapper Tyler, the Creator, was performing. --Peter Weber
UPDATE: Here's video of Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo explaining what happened, and what happens next:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week