- Really? March 13
Five fraternity brothers in Texas had their Hangover recreation cut short when cops busted them for breaking into a SeaWorld in the hope of taking selfies with the animals. The University of Houston students allegedly scaled a fence around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, broke into a storage area, and noshed on Dippin' Dots ice cream before roaming the park to play with the animals.
A security guard reportedly "stumbled upon" the gang and halted the guys' fun by calling the cops. The two men arrested by the San Antonio Police Department were charged with theft and criminal trespassing while three remained at large. SeaWorld said none of the animals were harmed and that the park is cooperating with authorities.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week