- Really? March 13
Five fraternity brothers in Texas had their Hangover recreation cut short when cops busted them for breaking into a SeaWorld in the hope of taking selfies with the animals. The University of Houston students allegedly scaled a fence around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, broke into a storage area, and noshed on Dippin' Dots ice cream before roaming the park to play with the animals.
A security guard reportedly "stumbled upon" the gang and halted the guys' fun by calling the cops. The two men arrested by the San Antonio Police Department were charged with theft and criminal trespassing while three remained at large. SeaWorld said none of the animals were harmed and that the park is cooperating with authorities.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
Subscribe to the Week