- Watch this March 13
Less than two weeks after Jared Leto complimented the "dreamers" living in Ukraine, the 30 Seconds to Mars singer said something similar to a packed stadium in Kiev last night. He told screaming fans that there was "no f--king way" his band wasn't going to appear in the embattled capital, and expressed his love for the country's protesters.
"You guys are in the midst of something beautiful and it may be difficult, but there's no price too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself," shouted Leto in the speech. "I want to let you know I understand other bands have canceled their shows, but there's no f--king way that 30 Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here."
He went on to dedicate the band's song "The Kill" to the "true believers" out there. Watch Leto, and his flawless hombre haircut, below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week