- Watch this March 13
Less than two weeks after Jared Leto complimented the "dreamers" living in Ukraine, the 30 Seconds to Mars singer said something similar to a packed stadium in Kiev last night. He told screaming fans that there was "no f--king way" his band wasn't going to appear in the embattled capital, and expressed his love for the country's protesters.
"You guys are in the midst of something beautiful and it may be difficult, but there's no price too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself," shouted Leto in the speech. "I want to let you know I understand other bands have canceled their shows, but there's no f--king way that 30 Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here."
He went on to dedicate the band's song "The Kill" to the "true believers" out there. Watch Leto, and his flawless hombre haircut, below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
Subscribe to the Week