- Watch this March 13
Less than two weeks after Jared Leto complimented the "dreamers" living in Ukraine, the 30 Seconds to Mars singer said something similar to a packed stadium in Kiev last night. He told screaming fans that there was "no f--king way" his band wasn't going to appear in the embattled capital, and expressed his love for the country's protesters.
"You guys are in the midst of something beautiful and it may be difficult, but there's no price too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself," shouted Leto in the speech. "I want to let you know I understand other bands have canceled their shows, but there's no f--king way that 30 Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here."
He went on to dedicate the band's song "The Kill" to the "true believers" out there. Watch Leto, and his flawless hombre haircut, below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week