- Watch this March 13
Less than two weeks after Jared Leto complimented the "dreamers" living in Ukraine, the 30 Seconds to Mars singer said something similar to a packed stadium in Kiev last night. He told screaming fans that there was "no f--king way" his band wasn't going to appear in the embattled capital, and expressed his love for the country's protesters.
"You guys are in the midst of something beautiful and it may be difficult, but there's no price too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself," shouted Leto in the speech. "I want to let you know I understand other bands have canceled their shows, but there's no f--king way that 30 Seconds to Mars wasn't going to be here."
He went on to dedicate the band's song "The Kill" to the "true believers" out there. Watch Leto, and his flawless hombre haircut, below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The best books we read in 2014
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week