- First look March 13
Last we saw Piper Chapman and the far more captivating women of Litchfield federal prison, things were not going so well. A vengeful Red sabotaged the kitchen, Miss Claudette was sent to maximum security, and the "emotionally manipulative narcissist" Piper was dumped (by both her boyfriend and girlfriend) and wanted for dead by the crazed Christian, Doggett — who Piper pummeled as the final credits rolled. So, yeah, not the most uplifting of endings to the so-called "dramedy."
Finally, after nearly a year of waiting — a real problem, by the way, for impatient viewers with no streaming self control — Orange Is the New Black returns Friday, June 6, with its second season.
For a taste of what's to come Netflix has released three photos from the new season. So join me, won't you, in over-analyzing the images to extract the smallest of potential plot points. I mean, really, what the hell is up with Chapman in that second photo? Whose blood is that on her hands? What side of the fence is she on?! --Lauren Hansen
Episode 2 | (Jessica Miglio for Netflix)
Episode 11 | (Jessica Miglio for Netflix)
Episode 12 | (JoJo Whilden for Netflix)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week