- First look March 13
Last we saw Piper Chapman and the far more captivating women of Litchfield federal prison, things were not going so well. A vengeful Red sabotaged the kitchen, Miss Claudette was sent to maximum security, and the "emotionally manipulative narcissist" Piper was dumped (by both her boyfriend and girlfriend) and wanted for dead by the crazed Christian, Doggett — who Piper pummeled as the final credits rolled. So, yeah, not the most uplifting of endings to the so-called "dramedy."
Finally, after nearly a year of waiting — a real problem, by the way, for impatient viewers with no streaming self control — Orange Is the New Black returns Friday, June 6, with its second season.
For a taste of what's to come Netflix has released three photos from the new season. So join me, won't you, in over-analyzing the images to extract the smallest of potential plot points. I mean, really, what the hell is up with Chapman in that second photo? Whose blood is that on her hands? What side of the fence is she on?! --Lauren Hansen
Episode 2 | (Jessica Miglio for Netflix)
Episode 11 | (Jessica Miglio for Netflix)
Episode 12 | (JoJo Whilden for Netflix)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- The week's best photojournalism
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week