- First look March 13
Last we saw Piper Chapman and the far more captivating women of Litchfield federal prison, things were not going so well. A vengeful Red sabotaged the kitchen, Miss Claudette was sent to maximum security, and the "emotionally manipulative narcissist" Piper was dumped (by both her boyfriend and girlfriend) and wanted for dead by the crazed Christian, Doggett — who Piper pummeled as the final credits rolled. So, yeah, not the most uplifting of endings to the so-called "dramedy."
Finally, after nearly a year of waiting — a real problem, by the way, for impatient viewers with no streaming self control — Orange Is the New Black returns Friday, June 6, with its second season.
For a taste of what's to come Netflix has released three photos from the new season. So join me, won't you, in over-analyzing the images to extract the smallest of potential plot points. I mean, really, what the hell is up with Chapman in that second photo? Whose blood is that on her hands? What side of the fence is she on?! --Lauren Hansen
Episode 2 | (Jessica Miglio for Netflix)
Episode 11 | (Jessica Miglio for Netflix)
Episode 12 | (JoJo Whilden for Netflix)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week