- His Holiness March 13
Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) has invited Pope Francis to address a joint session of Congress. If Pope Francis accepts, he would be the first head of the Catholic Church to ever address the legislative body.
"The Holy Father's pastoral message challenges people of all faiths, ideologies, and political parties," Boehner said in a statement. "His address as a visiting head of state before a joint meeting of the House and Senate would honor our nation in keeping with the best traditions of our democratic institutions. It would also offer an excellent opportunity for the American people as well as the nations of the world to hear his message in full."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week