Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned the best way to cool your mouth after eating a hot pepper, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
The science of why we kiss (Brain Pickings)
The first kiss in cinema, 1896 (Brain Pickings)
11 facts about the Iditarod (Mental Floss)
IBM's Watson sets the menu at SXSW (Gizmag)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Why is America's internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- This week I learned that plants are now making complex decisions, and more
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week