Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned the best way to cool your mouth after eating a hot pepper, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
The science of why we kiss (Brain Pickings)
The first kiss in cinema, 1896 (Brain Pickings)
11 facts about the Iditarod (Mental Floss)
IBM's Watson sets the menu at SXSW (Gizmag)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Why is America's internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- This week I learned that plants are now making complex decisions, and more
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Sharknado isn't just stupid. It's bad for cinema.
Subscribe to the Week