Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned the best way to cool your mouth after eating a hot pepper, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
The science of why we kiss (Brain Pickings)
The first kiss in cinema, 1896 (Brain Pickings)
11 facts about the Iditarod (Mental Floss)
IBM's Watson sets the menu at SXSW (Gizmag)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Why is America's internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- This week I learned that plants are now making complex decisions, and more
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week