- pretty please March 14
The life of an internet meme: First we were supposed to swoon over a video of 20 complete strangers sharing a first kiss, then we were supposed to be outraged that the "beautiful" lip-locking of "strangers" — all paid models and musicians — was really part of a viral clothing ad. Then came the parodies. Now, Jimmy Fallon has squared the circle, bringing the whole short-lived internet sensation to its logical internet conclusion. Is it goofy? Of course. Dumb? Maybe. But, as with most things involving puppies and kittens on the internet, it's also kind of adorable. Please let this be the last word on "First Kiss." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week