- Really? March 14
It might be easy to forget, but Lady Gaga is still around. She really wanted you to know that in a bizarre performance last night at South By Southwest that included a mechanical bull, a simulated pig roast on a wooden spit, and a part where she gets "puked" on. And that was all in the first 15 minutes.
The miserable-sounding experience took place at the Doritos stage last night, where little monsters had to complete a "Doritos Bold Mission" — like share a piece of clothing with a stranger and brag about it on social media — to gain access to the free show. The rest of the show didn't seem much better, since she played only two real "hits" and spent the hour jumping around doing weird things in an effort to go viral.
According to a Billboard reporter, that effort included some fiery words:
"You don't need a f--king record label, you don't need a company, you are the spirit of every artist!" she cried before introducing "Swine," the neon orange Doritos logo shining brightly behind her. "Let's f--king celebrate! This is the moment now! I won't play by your f--king rules this our world!" [Billboard]
You can watch Lady Gaga get vomited on (it looks like slime, don't worry) below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week