- Foreign affairs March 14
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in London today in a bid to negotiate a political resolution to the crisis in Crimea, which will hold a referendum on joining the Russian federation on Sunday. How are the talks going? Not so well if this image is any indication, which is positively funereal. It puts a new spin on that old joke about the former presidential candidate: John Kerry, why the long face?
Soon they will be taking joyful selfies together, yes? pic.twitter.com/4zMyY6UIou— Elif Batuman (@BananaKarenina) March 14, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week