- Second Acts March 15
Congratulations, Random Iowa State Girls: You could be having a Katherine Webb moment.
ESPN announced earlier this week that sports broadcaster Brent Musburger would no longer be announcing ABC's college football game of the week; instead, he'll be calling games over on the company's new SEC Network. The news didn't seem to bum Musburger out too much, though.
He was in the booth for Friday night's Iowa State-Kansas basketball game, and Musburger added a few color comments echoing last year's infamous description of Katherine Webb, girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron ("What a beautiful woman! Wow!). This time around it was, "I am pleased with this selection. Oh yeah."
Oh, Brent, never change.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 11 surprisingly apt lessons from Machiavelli's The Prince
Subscribe to the Week