- Second Acts March 15
Congratulations, Random Iowa State Girls: You could be having a Katherine Webb moment.
ESPN announced earlier this week that sports broadcaster Brent Musburger would no longer be announcing ABC's college football game of the week; instead, he'll be calling games over on the company's new SEC Network. The news didn't seem to bum Musburger out too much, though.
He was in the booth for Friday night's Iowa State-Kansas basketball game, and Musburger added a few color comments echoing last year's infamous description of Katherine Webb, girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron ("What a beautiful woman! Wow!). This time around it was, "I am pleased with this selection. Oh yeah."
Oh, Brent, never change.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week