- Second Acts March 15
Congratulations, Random Iowa State Girls: You could be having a Katherine Webb moment.
ESPN announced earlier this week that sports broadcaster Brent Musburger would no longer be announcing ABC's college football game of the week; instead, he'll be calling games over on the company's new SEC Network. The news didn't seem to bum Musburger out too much, though.
He was in the booth for Friday night's Iowa State-Kansas basketball game, and Musburger added a few color comments echoing last year's infamous description of Katherine Webb, girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron ("What a beautiful woman! Wow!). This time around it was, "I am pleased with this selection. Oh yeah."
Oh, Brent, never change.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week