- Playing politics March 15
In a story quickly becoming as convoluted as an episode of House of Cards, Kevin Spacey responded to Rob Ford who responded to Kevin Spacey who made a quip about Rob Ford to Jimmy Kimmel.
Let's break it down: Kevin Spacey appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live on March 2, following a brief appearance by Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.
"That's the first time I've had to follow a Ford," Spacey joked. "And one that was so banged up."
Later in the week, Rob Ford and his brother, Doug, complained on their YouTube show that Spacey refused to take pictures with them at the taping. Brother Mayor took sweet, sweet revenge by noting that he wouldn't know Spacey, "if I ran over him."
But Spacey took the high road, tweeting out a photo of the three of them on Saturday afternoon:
When did Mayor Ford start doing what people tell him to do? All you had to do was ask, guys. Here's your pic. pic.twitter.com/DtDTqAl8Lb— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) March 15, 2014
It might not be what Frank Underwood would have done, but we'll take it. Your move, Ford.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week