- Bummer March 17
It was an odd South By Southwest for Tyler, the Creator. Early Thursday morning, the Odd Future rapper (full name Tyler Gregory Okonma) was scheduled to play at the Mohawk club when motorist Rashad Charjuan Owens allegedly plowed through a police barricade and into the crowd waiting outside the club, killing two people and injuring 23 others. Later Thursday, Tyler was playing at a smaller venue, the Scoot Inn, when this happened:
Tyler, 23, was released on $25,000 bond and played a sold-out show in Dallas on Sunday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week