- Bummer March 17
It was an odd South By Southwest for Tyler, the Creator. Early Thursday morning, the Odd Future rapper (full name Tyler Gregory Okonma) was scheduled to play at the Mohawk club when motorist Rashad Charjuan Owens allegedly plowed through a police barricade and into the crowd waiting outside the club, killing two people and injuring 23 others. Later Thursday, Tyler was playing at a smaller venue, the Scoot Inn, when this happened:
Tyler, 23, was released on $25,000 bond and played a sold-out show in Dallas on Sunday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week