- Bummer March 17
It was an odd South By Southwest for Tyler, the Creator. Early Thursday morning, the Odd Future rapper (full name Tyler Gregory Okonma) was scheduled to play at the Mohawk club when motorist Rashad Charjuan Owens allegedly plowed through a police barricade and into the crowd waiting outside the club, killing two people and injuring 23 others. Later Thursday, Tyler was playing at a smaller venue, the Scoot Inn, when this happened:
Tyler, 23, was released on $25,000 bond and played a sold-out show in Dallas on Sunday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
Subscribe to the Week