- Bummer March 17
It was an odd South By Southwest for Tyler, the Creator. Early Thursday morning, the Odd Future rapper (full name Tyler Gregory Okonma) was scheduled to play at the Mohawk club when motorist Rashad Charjuan Owens allegedly plowed through a police barricade and into the crowd waiting outside the club, killing two people and injuring 23 others. Later Thursday, Tyler was playing at a smaller venue, the Scoot Inn, when this happened:
Tyler, 23, was released on $25,000 bond and played a sold-out show in Dallas on Sunday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week