- Oops March 17
A Delta plane flying to Atlanta from Orlando lost a large chunk of its wing in mid-air, leaving its wiring and gears uncovered. The plane landed safely at its destination and no one was injured. A Delta spokesperson noted that the event didn't hamper the Boeing 757's ability to fly.
David Watterson, a passenger on the flight, said he was ready to fall asleep when he heard a "big boom," admitting it was "concerning to see a big chunk of the plane missing." A picture of the damage circulated on Reddit and left the site's users speculating about the cause of the damage. Delta said it is conducting an investigation with the FAA.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week