- Oops March 17
A Delta plane flying to Atlanta from Orlando lost a large chunk of its wing in mid-air, leaving its wiring and gears uncovered. The plane landed safely at its destination and no one was injured. A Delta spokesperson noted that the event didn't hamper the Boeing 757's ability to fly.
David Watterson, a passenger on the flight, said he was ready to fall asleep when he heard a "big boom," admitting it was "concerning to see a big chunk of the plane missing." A picture of the damage circulated on Reddit and left the site's users speculating about the cause of the damage. Delta said it is conducting an investigation with the FAA.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week