- Oops March 17
A Delta plane flying to Atlanta from Orlando lost a large chunk of its wing in mid-air, leaving its wiring and gears uncovered. The plane landed safely at its destination and no one was injured. A Delta spokesperson noted that the event didn't hamper the Boeing 757's ability to fly.
David Watterson, a passenger on the flight, said he was ready to fall asleep when he heard a "big boom," admitting it was "concerning to see a big chunk of the plane missing." A picture of the damage circulated on Reddit and left the site's users speculating about the cause of the damage. Delta said it is conducting an investigation with the FAA.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week