- Oops March 17
A Delta plane flying to Atlanta from Orlando lost a large chunk of its wing in mid-air, leaving its wiring and gears uncovered. The plane landed safely at its destination and no one was injured. A Delta spokesperson noted that the event didn't hamper the Boeing 757's ability to fly.
David Watterson, a passenger on the flight, said he was ready to fall asleep when he heard a "big boom," admitting it was "concerning to see a big chunk of the plane missing." A picture of the damage circulated on Reddit and left the site's users speculating about the cause of the damage. Delta said it is conducting an investigation with the FAA.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week