- This just in March 17
L'Wren Scott, a fashion designer and the girlfriend of the Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found hanged to death in her New York City apartment Monday morning. Police say the body of the 49-year-old was found by her assistant around 10 a.m. Sources told the New York Daily News that police don't suspect foul play. Although a medical examiner has yet to determine the cause of death, police are reportedly treating it as a suicide.
Scott was originally a celebrity stylist before starting her own fashion line in 2006. Fans of hers include Oprah, Nicole Kidman and Michelle Obama.
A spokesman for Jagger, who is currently on tour in Australia, said the singer is "completely shocked and devastated" by the news.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week