- This just in March 17
L'Wren Scott, a fashion designer and the girlfriend of the Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found hanged to death in her New York City apartment Monday morning. Police say the body of the 49-year-old was found by her assistant around 10 a.m. Sources told the New York Daily News that police don't suspect foul play. Although a medical examiner has yet to determine the cause of death, police are reportedly treating it as a suicide.
Scott was originally a celebrity stylist before starting her own fashion line in 2006. Fans of hers include Oprah, Nicole Kidman and Michelle Obama.
A spokesman for Jagger, who is currently on tour in Australia, said the singer is "completely shocked and devastated" by the news.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- The best books we read in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week