- This just in March 17
A woman who sustained injuries from last week's tragic hit-and-run incident during the South By Southwest Festival has died. Police say Sandy Thuy Le was hit by a drunk driver, who plowed through a crowd outside a club before fleeing. The 26-year-old Austin resident had been on life support since last Thursday. Hospital officials confirmed her death this morning.
"Anybody who had the privilege of knowing her would tell you she's just full of life," her brother-in-law told the Statesman. Le is the third person to die from the accident, and seven other people remain hospitalized.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week