- This just in March 17
A woman who sustained injuries from last week's tragic hit-and-run incident during the South By Southwest Festival has died. Police say Sandy Thuy Le was hit by a drunk driver, who plowed through a crowd outside a club before fleeing. The 26-year-old Austin resident had been on life support since last Thursday. Hospital officials confirmed her death this morning.
"Anybody who had the privilege of knowing her would tell you she's just full of life," her brother-in-law told the Statesman. Le is the third person to die from the accident, and seven other people remain hospitalized.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week