- This just in March 17
A woman who sustained injuries from last week's tragic hit-and-run incident during the South By Southwest Festival has died. Police say Sandy Thuy Le was hit by a drunk driver, who plowed through a crowd outside a club before fleeing. The 26-year-old Austin resident had been on life support since last Thursday. Hospital officials confirmed her death this morning.
"Anybody who had the privilege of knowing her would tell you she's just full of life," her brother-in-law told the Statesman. Le is the third person to die from the accident, and seven other people remain hospitalized.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week