- This just in March 17
A woman who sustained injuries from last week's tragic hit-and-run incident during the South By Southwest Festival has died. Police say Sandy Thuy Le was hit by a drunk driver, who plowed through a crowd outside a club before fleeing. The 26-year-old Austin resident had been on life support since last Thursday. Hospital officials confirmed her death this morning.
"Anybody who had the privilege of knowing her would tell you she's just full of life," her brother-in-law told the Statesman. Le is the third person to die from the accident, and seven other people remain hospitalized.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week