- This just in March 17
A woman who sustained injuries from last week's tragic hit-and-run incident during the South By Southwest Festival has died. Police say Sandy Thuy Le was hit by a drunk driver, who plowed through a crowd outside a club before fleeing. The 26-year-old Austin resident had been on life support since last Thursday. Hospital officials confirmed her death this morning.
"Anybody who had the privilege of knowing her would tell you she's just full of life," her brother-in-law told the Statesman. Le is the third person to die from the accident, and seven other people remain hospitalized.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week