Audiophile: Listen SmarterUkraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Ukraine has been part of Russia on and off for centuries. Why does Russia feel justified in interfering in its affairs?
Theunis Bates is a senior editor at The Week's print edition. He has previously worked for Time, Fast Company, AOL News and Playboy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week