Audiophile: Listen SmarterUkraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Ukraine has been part of Russia on and off for centuries. Why does Russia feel justified in interfering in its affairs?
Theunis Bates is a senior editor at The Week's print edition. He has previously worked for Time, Fast Company, AOL News and Playboy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week