- Second Acts March 18
Mark this under things I didn't know I wanted to see: As an extra for The Tonight Show, the Avett Brothers performed the John Denver hit "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Neither Denver, who moved around a lot as the child of a career-military father, nor Seth and Scott Avett, from outside Charlotte, N.C., might be what you'd call "country," but they all saw a lot of America on shoestring-budget tours, and you get the sense they know what they're singing about. Too bad Denver didn't live long enough to cover the Avetts' "Murder in the City." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week