- Second Acts March 18
Mark this under things I didn't know I wanted to see: As an extra for The Tonight Show, the Avett Brothers performed the John Denver hit "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." Neither Denver, who moved around a lot as the child of a career-military father, nor Seth and Scott Avett, from outside Charlotte, N.C., might be what you'd call "country," but they all saw a lot of America on shoestring-budget tours, and you get the sense they know what they're singing about. Too bad Denver didn't live long enough to cover the Avetts' "Murder in the City." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week