- Coming Soon March 18
The cartoons based on Charles Schulz's Peanuts are beloved classics — but will audiences want to sit down for a feature-length adventure with Charlie Brown and the gang? That's the hope of Blue Sky Studios, which is updating Peanuts for the modern day — and we finally have our first look at the movie's sure-to-be-polarizing animation style.
In terms of content, this first teaser plays it pretty safe, offering a glimpse of Snoopy and Charlie Brown's usual antics set to the familiar rhythm of "Linus and Lucy."
But the CG visuals — and the reminder of the film's inevitable 3D release — are sure to enrage many Peanuts purists. Is this a smart modernization of Charles Schulz's beloved comic strip, or has Blue Sky Studios failed to capture the magic of Peanuts? Decide for yourself below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How 3D-printed makeup is changing the fashion industry
Subscribe to the Week