- Oh, Florida March 18
Times are tense during the last few remaining days of Shamrock Shake season, as evidenced by a woman in Florida. Witnesses say a Jacksonville woman allegedly set a man's car on fire late Sunday because she was mad that he didn't want to buy her dessert.
A witness told ActionNewsJax the couple was entangled in a fight about whether she wanted "either a McFlurry or an ice cream on top and he was not in for it." The argument apparently escalated when the woman threatened to torch their 1994 El Dorado. She followed through: WFTV-TV in Orlando obtained video of the woman pouring alcohol and gasoline on the man's car, lighting it on fire and then running off.
It's unclear if she ever got her dessert.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week