- Oh, Florida March 18
Times are tense during the last few remaining days of Shamrock Shake season, as evidenced by a woman in Florida. Witnesses say a Jacksonville woman allegedly set a man's car on fire late Sunday because she was mad that he didn't want to buy her dessert.
A witness told ActionNewsJax the couple was entangled in a fight about whether she wanted "either a McFlurry or an ice cream on top and he was not in for it." The argument apparently escalated when the woman threatened to torch their 1994 El Dorado. She followed through: WFTV-TV in Orlando obtained video of the woman pouring alcohol and gasoline on the man's car, lighting it on fire and then running off.
It's unclear if she ever got her dessert.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week