- Parenting controversies March 18
New Jersey teen and Erika Christensen look-a-like Rachel Canning has ended a lawsuit against her parents alleging abuse and asking for child support. According to court papers, the judge agreed to the 18-year-old's request to have the controversial case dropped, saying the "plaintiff's decision to dismiss the litigation was a knowing and voluntary decision."
Canning made national headlines earlier this month when she alleged that her parents were abusive because they threatened to stop paying her bills unless she broke up with her boyfriend. So, she moved out of her Morris County mansion and sued her parents for a $650 weekly stipend and access to her college fund. A judge denied that request.
The teen moved back in to her home after living with friends for the past few months in what presumably made for an awkward family dinner.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week