- Coming Soon March 18
There was a brief, magical time when Pixar was roundly regarded as one of the riskiest, most innovative studios in the business. Unfortunately, that time seems to be over.
Three of the animation studio's last four movies have been sequels, and the Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory is already slated for release in 2016. But if that wasn't enough for you, Disney's Bob Iger just added two more upcoming sequels to the list: The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3, which are both in the early stages of development.
By our count, that means just four of Pixar's 14 produced feature films — A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up — aren't part of a larger franchise. (And just to be safe, you should probably brace yourself for Rat-a-TWO-ie or Even Braver.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- California's epic drought
- The girl who wouldn't die
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week