- Coming Soon March 18
There was a brief, magical time when Pixar was roundly regarded as one of the riskiest, most innovative studios in the business. Unfortunately, that time seems to be over.
Three of the animation studio's last four movies have been sequels, and the Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory is already slated for release in 2016. But if that wasn't enough for you, Disney's Bob Iger just added two more upcoming sequels to the list: The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3, which are both in the early stages of development.
By our count, that means just four of Pixar's 14 produced feature films — A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up — aren't part of a larger franchise. (And just to be safe, you should probably brace yourself for Rat-a-TWO-ie or Even Braver.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week