- Coming Soon March 18
There was a brief, magical time when Pixar was roundly regarded as one of the riskiest, most innovative studios in the business. Unfortunately, that time seems to be over.
Three of the animation studio's last four movies have been sequels, and the Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory is already slated for release in 2016. But if that wasn't enough for you, Disney's Bob Iger just added two more upcoming sequels to the list: The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3, which are both in the early stages of development.
By our count, that means just four of Pixar's 14 produced feature films — A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up — aren't part of a larger franchise. (And just to be safe, you should probably brace yourself for Rat-a-TWO-ie or Even Braver.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
Subscribe to the Week