- Good luck with that March 18
The New York Knicks on Tuesday introduced legendary basketball coach Phil Jackson as the team's new president, and the reason behind the move is obvious: The Knicks stink, they've stunk for quite a while, and Jackson is, in terms of titles and winning percentage, the most successful coach in NBA history. Or, to put it visually:
Oh, and those two lonesome Knicks titles? Both came while Jackson played for the team in the 1970s.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week