- Cheers March 18
Put another way, there are 34,600 percent more craft breweries today than there were three decades ago. And that's just one of several interesting data points in the Brewers Association's new report on the state of the craft beer industry, which — surprise, surprise — is still booming.
Also of note: the craft beer industry hauled in $14.3 billion in 2013, a 20 percent increase over the previous year. Yet while the industry continues to loosen Big Beer's stranglehold over American consumers, it still comprises just 7.8 percent of the overall beer market. If only more states would heed my advice and stop regulating the alcohol content in their beers, that share could rise even higher.
Anyway, here's a pretty infographic, courtesy of the Brewers Association, on the state of the industry:
You can find a bigger, high-resolution image of that graphic here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week