- Cheers March 18
Put another way, there are 34,600 percent more craft breweries today than there were three decades ago. And that's just one of several interesting data points in the Brewers Association's new report on the state of the craft beer industry, which — surprise, surprise — is still booming.
Also of note: the craft beer industry hauled in $14.3 billion in 2013, a 20 percent increase over the previous year. Yet while the industry continues to loosen Big Beer's stranglehold over American consumers, it still comprises just 7.8 percent of the overall beer market. If only more states would heed my advice and stop regulating the alcohol content in their beers, that share could rise even higher.
Anyway, here's a pretty infographic, courtesy of the Brewers Association, on the state of the industry:
You can find a bigger, high-resolution image of that graphic here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What these custom, 3D-printed earphones say about the future of consumer technology
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week