- Cheers March 18
Put another way, there are 34,600 percent more craft breweries today than there were three decades ago. And that's just one of several interesting data points in the Brewers Association's new report on the state of the craft beer industry, which — surprise, surprise — is still booming.
Also of note: the craft beer industry hauled in $14.3 billion in 2013, a 20 percent increase over the previous year. Yet while the industry continues to loosen Big Beer's stranglehold over American consumers, it still comprises just 7.8 percent of the overall beer market. If only more states would heed my advice and stop regulating the alcohol content in their beers, that share could rise even higher.
Anyway, here's a pretty infographic, courtesy of the Brewers Association, on the state of the industry:
You can find a bigger, high-resolution image of that graphic here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week