- Late Night Antics March 19
I don't know if anyone actually reads Playboy just for the articles, but I'm fairly certain that some people read The New Yorker only for the cartoons. So when Seth Meyers had New Yorker editor David Remnick on Late Night, the one-frame comics were an obvious topic of conversation. Meyers did that one better, though, bringing in a troupe of actors (the Late Night Players) to re-enact some of the often abstruse, usually witty, and sometimes funny cartoons. Meyers is taking risks in his new gig, and going highbrow can backfire terribly on late-night TV. This didn't. The one about the wedding toast worked particularly well, and having Remnick explain the cartoons only added to the delightful absurdity. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week