- Late Night Antics March 19
I don't know if anyone actually reads Playboy just for the articles, but I'm fairly certain that some people read The New Yorker only for the cartoons. So when Seth Meyers had New Yorker editor David Remnick on Late Night, the one-frame comics were an obvious topic of conversation. Meyers did that one better, though, bringing in a troupe of actors (the Late Night Players) to re-enact some of the often abstruse, usually witty, and sometimes funny cartoons. Meyers is taking risks in his new gig, and going highbrow can backfire terribly on late-night TV. This didn't. The one about the wedding toast worked particularly well, and having Remnick explain the cartoons only added to the delightful absurdity. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week