- Squee March 19
Voguing for the camera, polar bear Giovanna and her two cubs met the media together today. The twin cubs, born on Dec. 9, have been closely monitored by the zoo, as officials worried first-time mom Giovanna might be overwhelmed by her maternal duties. Lucky for everyone, the twins are already quite headstrong.
"The two rascals now even voice their anger with very loud screaming when they fight over the milk source or step on each other's heads," biologist Beatrix Koehler told NBC News last month.
Take a look at the "rascals" making their public debut, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
(All photos: Alexandra Beier/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week