- Squee March 19
Voguing for the camera, polar bear Giovanna and her two cubs met the media together today. The twin cubs, born on Dec. 9, have been closely monitored by the zoo, as officials worried first-time mom Giovanna might be overwhelmed by her maternal duties. Lucky for everyone, the twins are already quite headstrong.
"The two rascals now even voice their anger with very loud screaming when they fight over the milk source or step on each other's heads," biologist Beatrix Koehler told NBC News last month.
Take a look at the "rascals" making their public debut, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
(All photos: Alexandra Beier/Getty Images)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week