- Look at this March 19
Have you ever wondered what George Washington would look like on a basketball court? I mean, we know he was, at 6'3", one of the tallest presidents, something that should lend itself well to a sport dominated by giant humans.
Well, wonder no longer. As Deadspin pointed out this morning, Reddit user I_may_be_Dead, at the behest of another Redditor, painted this incredible image of the first president posterizing North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. The best part of it, though, may be the mischievous-looking Lincoln, sans stovepipe hat, putting a solid box out on Stalin.
The artist behind the image is Aaron Needham. You can check out more of his work — it's all amazing, though sadly there are no other images of presidents going all Blake Griffin on foreign leaders — over at his Tumblr.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week