- Watch this March 19
From the "Aww, isn't this heartwarming?" file: The San Jose Sharks fulfilled a Make-A-Wish teenager's dream by signing 17-year-old Sam Tageson for the day. He practiced with the team and even skated through the iconic shark head before Monday's game — and his emotional reaction was caught on tape.
Tageson has a heart condition called hypoplastic left heart syndrome, meaning he has two heart chambers instead of the usual four. Doctors told him the condition is supposed to be debilitating, but that hasn't stopped him from playing hockey since he was six. Comcast SportsNet captured his experience, so prepared to be overwhelmed. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week