- small town news March 19
In one of the more bizarre hit-and-runs reported, an Amish buggy hit a Honda CR-V twice, then fled the scene on Sunday.
Pennsylvania state police are now looking for the unidentified driver (and, presumably, the horse) who hoofed it from the accident. The woman driving the car was not injured.
Whether or not police eventually track down the buggy's owner, it looks like Weird Al Yankovic could have a new verse for his parody song, "Amish Paradise."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week