- small town news March 19
In one of the more bizarre hit-and-runs reported, an Amish buggy hit a Honda CR-V twice, then fled the scene on Sunday.
Pennsylvania state police are now looking for the unidentified driver (and, presumably, the horse) who hoofed it from the accident. The woman driving the car was not injured.
Whether or not police eventually track down the buggy's owner, it looks like Weird Al Yankovic could have a new verse for his parody song, "Amish Paradise."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week