- Second Acts March 19
Earlier this month, John LeFevre, the voice behind the @GSElevator parody Twitter account, lost his book deal with Simon & Schuster. Now, independent publisher Grove Atlantic is offering LeFevre a second chance at publishing — and a six-figure deal.
Morgan Entrekin, the publisher of Grove Atlantic, is evidently unfazed by the fact that LeFevre has never worked at Goldman Sachs (which is the reason Simon & Schuster dropped him in the first place). "I know he's made some misstatements," Entrekin told The New York Times. "How shocking in a banker." Entrekin says LeFevre's work is "amusing, disturbing, and, at times, shocking," and that it offers a rare, honest insight into the world of Wall Street.
LeFevre's book is titled Straight to Hell: True Tales of Deviance and Excess in the World of Investment Banking and will be released in November. As of today, Goldman Sachs has yet to offer a snarky Twitter response.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week