- Second Acts March 19
Earlier this month, John LeFevre, the voice behind the @GSElevator parody Twitter account, lost his book deal with Simon & Schuster. Now, independent publisher Grove Atlantic is offering LeFevre a second chance at publishing — and a six-figure deal.
Morgan Entrekin, the publisher of Grove Atlantic, is evidently unfazed by the fact that LeFevre has never worked at Goldman Sachs (which is the reason Simon & Schuster dropped him in the first place). "I know he's made some misstatements," Entrekin told The New York Times. "How shocking in a banker." Entrekin says LeFevre's work is "amusing, disturbing, and, at times, shocking," and that it offers a rare, honest insight into the world of Wall Street.
LeFevre's book is titled Straight to Hell: True Tales of Deviance and Excess in the World of Investment Banking and will be released in November. As of today, Goldman Sachs has yet to offer a snarky Twitter response.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- How to pack a jar salad
Subscribe to the Week