- Second Acts March 19
Earlier this month, John LeFevre, the voice behind the @GSElevator parody Twitter account, lost his book deal with Simon & Schuster. Now, independent publisher Grove Atlantic is offering LeFevre a second chance at publishing — and a six-figure deal.
Morgan Entrekin, the publisher of Grove Atlantic, is evidently unfazed by the fact that LeFevre has never worked at Goldman Sachs (which is the reason Simon & Schuster dropped him in the first place). "I know he's made some misstatements," Entrekin told The New York Times. "How shocking in a banker." Entrekin says LeFevre's work is "amusing, disturbing, and, at times, shocking," and that it offers a rare, honest insight into the world of Wall Street.
LeFevre's book is titled Straight to Hell: True Tales of Deviance and Excess in the World of Investment Banking and will be released in November. As of today, Goldman Sachs has yet to offer a snarky Twitter response.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week