- Second Acts March 19
Earlier this month, John LeFevre, the voice behind the @GSElevator parody Twitter account, lost his book deal with Simon & Schuster. Now, independent publisher Grove Atlantic is offering LeFevre a second chance at publishing — and a six-figure deal.
Morgan Entrekin, the publisher of Grove Atlantic, is evidently unfazed by the fact that LeFevre has never worked at Goldman Sachs (which is the reason Simon & Schuster dropped him in the first place). "I know he's made some misstatements," Entrekin told The New York Times. "How shocking in a banker." Entrekin says LeFevre's work is "amusing, disturbing, and, at times, shocking," and that it offers a rare, honest insight into the world of Wall Street.
LeFevre's book is titled Straight to Hell: True Tales of Deviance and Excess in the World of Investment Banking and will be released in November. As of today, Goldman Sachs has yet to offer a snarky Twitter response.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week