- Huh? March 20
Could this be a publicity stunt or an inside job? Sure. But the fact that Wheel of Fortune contestant Emil made his extraordinarily lucky (or talented?) guess on the first try, combined with the stunned reaction from host Pat Sajak and seasoned letter-turner Vanna White, suggest that it's probably a legitimate game-show miracle.
Among those impressed? Sajak:
Tonight's "Wheel of Fortune" features most amazing solve in my 30+ years on the show. No kidding.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) March 19, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
Subscribe to the Week