- Huh? March 20
Could this be a publicity stunt or an inside job? Sure. But the fact that Wheel of Fortune contestant Emil made his extraordinarily lucky (or talented?) guess on the first try, combined with the stunned reaction from host Pat Sajak and seasoned letter-turner Vanna White, suggest that it's probably a legitimate game-show miracle.
Among those impressed? Sajak:
Tonight's "Wheel of Fortune" features most amazing solve in my 30+ years on the show. No kidding.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) March 19, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
Subscribe to the Week