- Huh? March 20
Could this be a publicity stunt or an inside job? Sure. But the fact that Wheel of Fortune contestant Emil made his extraordinarily lucky (or talented?) guess on the first try, combined with the stunned reaction from host Pat Sajak and seasoned letter-turner Vanna White, suggest that it's probably a legitimate game-show miracle.
Among those impressed? Sajak:
Tonight's "Wheel of Fortune" features most amazing solve in my 30+ years on the show. No kidding.— Pat Sajak (@patsajak) March 19, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week