- Late Night Antics March 20
Ever wonder what happens on those awkward phone calls where President Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin discuss Russia's occupation of Crimea? You needn't: The White House publicly releases a synopsis of the conversations. But it's more fun to watch Jimmy Fallon's version, played out on Wednesday night's Tonight Show. In this alternate reality, Obama has traded in his BlackBerry for an iPhone, the two leaders have an easy (and musical) rapport, and Putin gets in a great slam about ObamaCare. In both realities, these phone calls accomplish little. Still, I suspect Fallon's version would be more enjoyable for everyone involved. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
Subscribe to the Week