- Late Night Antics March 20
Ever wonder what happens on those awkward phone calls where President Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin discuss Russia's occupation of Crimea? You needn't: The White House publicly releases a synopsis of the conversations. But it's more fun to watch Jimmy Fallon's version, played out on Wednesday night's Tonight Show. In this alternate reality, Obama has traded in his BlackBerry for an iPhone, the two leaders have an easy (and musical) rapport, and Putin gets in a great slam about ObamaCare. In both realities, these phone calls accomplish little. Still, I suspect Fallon's version would be more enjoyable for everyone involved. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 8 ways a simple notebook can change your life
Subscribe to the Week