- Late Night Antics March 20
Ever wonder what happens on those awkward phone calls where President Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin discuss Russia's occupation of Crimea? You needn't: The White House publicly releases a synopsis of the conversations. But it's more fun to watch Jimmy Fallon's version, played out on Wednesday night's Tonight Show. In this alternate reality, Obama has traded in his BlackBerry for an iPhone, the two leaders have an easy (and musical) rapport, and Putin gets in a great slam about ObamaCare. In both realities, these phone calls accomplish little. Still, I suspect Fallon's version would be more enjoyable for everyone involved. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week