- Burned March 20
Nope, we're still not done talking about Ellen DeGeneres' star-studded Oscars selfie. President Obama made his first public comments about the photo on Ellen, and he sounds pretty annoyed about losing the honor of owning the most-retweeted tweet in history:
"I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself," joked Obama. "Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza."
The show released a five-minute snippet of the interview that's slated to air today. (Spoiler: There's no dancing). --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week