- Burned March 20
Nope, we're still not done talking about Ellen DeGeneres' star-studded Oscars selfie. President Obama made his first public comments about the photo on Ellen, and he sounds pretty annoyed about losing the honor of owning the most-retweeted tweet in history:
"I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself," joked Obama. "Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza."
The show released a five-minute snippet of the interview that's slated to air today. (Spoiler: There's no dancing). --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
Subscribe to the Week