- Whatever You Say March 20
In 2009, Bernie Madoff was sentenced to 150 years in prison for running the largest Ponzi scheme in American history, a scheme that netted the duplicitous financier some $50 billion. In other words, Madoff oversaw a massive redistribution of wealth from many (his clients) to one (himself).
Well, Politico caught up with the disgraced Madoff for a three-hour-long interview, the result of which is this perfect, tone deaf passage:
Madoff voted for Obama in 2008, but now says he is "terribly disappointed" in the president and would not have voted for him a second time. "His policies are too socialist." [...] New York Mayor Bill de Blasio? "I'm not a great fan of redistribution of wealth," Madoff says. [Politico]
Hear that, you dang socialist politicians? Stop trying to redistribute all that wealth. That's Madoff's job.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week