- Whatever You Say March 20
In 2009, Bernie Madoff was sentenced to 150 years in prison for running the largest Ponzi scheme in American history, a scheme that netted the duplicitous financier some $50 billion. In other words, Madoff oversaw a massive redistribution of wealth from many (his clients) to one (himself).
Well, Politico caught up with the disgraced Madoff for a three-hour-long interview, the result of which is this perfect, tone deaf passage:
Madoff voted for Obama in 2008, but now says he is "terribly disappointed" in the president and would not have voted for him a second time. "His policies are too socialist." [...] New York Mayor Bill de Blasio? "I'm not a great fan of redistribution of wealth," Madoff says. [Politico]
Hear that, you dang socialist politicians? Stop trying to redistribute all that wealth. That's Madoff's job.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week