- Whatever You Say March 20
In 2009, Bernie Madoff was sentenced to 150 years in prison for running the largest Ponzi scheme in American history, a scheme that netted the duplicitous financier some $50 billion. In other words, Madoff oversaw a massive redistribution of wealth from many (his clients) to one (himself).
Well, Politico caught up with the disgraced Madoff for a three-hour-long interview, the result of which is this perfect, tone deaf passage:
Madoff voted for Obama in 2008, but now says he is "terribly disappointed" in the president and would not have voted for him a second time. "His policies are too socialist." [...] New York Mayor Bill de Blasio? "I'm not a great fan of redistribution of wealth," Madoff says. [Politico]
Hear that, you dang socialist politicians? Stop trying to redistribute all that wealth. That's Madoff's job.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Could Forrest Gump have possibly survived his epic run?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week