- This just in March 20
Making good on his threat earlier this week to punish Russia should it move to annex Crimea, President Obama on Thursday announced he was expanding U.S. sanctions to include more Russian officials, individuals, and a bank that have provided "material support" to Moscow's incursion. Obama also said he'd signed an executive order that would allow the U.S. to impose additional sanctions on "key sectors of the Russian economy" in the future, a move that would ratchet up the economic pressure on Russia.
"Mr. Putin should know that the Ukrainians shouldn't have to choose between the West and Russia," Obama said.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week