- This just in March 20
Making good on his threat earlier this week to punish Russia should it move to annex Crimea, President Obama on Thursday announced he was expanding U.S. sanctions to include more Russian officials, individuals, and a bank that have provided "material support" to Moscow's incursion. Obama also said he'd signed an executive order that would allow the U.S. to impose additional sanctions on "key sectors of the Russian economy" in the future, a move that would ratchet up the economic pressure on Russia.
"Mr. Putin should know that the Ukrainians shouldn't have to choose between the West and Russia," Obama said.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
Subscribe to the Week