- shocker March 20
Well, that was fast.
In the very first game of March Madness — I refuse to acknowledge the play-in games — No. 11 seed Dayton took out No. 6 Ohio State with some last-minute heroics. Trailing by one with under 10 seconds to go, Dayton's Vee Sanford banked home a running layup to give the Flyers the win.
Sorry, bracket, but you have already been sacrificed to that insatiable beast, Madness. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The girl who wouldn't die
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week