- shocker March 20
Well, that was fast.
In the very first game of March Madness — I refuse to acknowledge the play-in games — No. 11 seed Dayton took out No. 6 Ohio State with some last-minute heroics. Trailing by one with under 10 seconds to go, Dayton's Vee Sanford banked home a running layup to give the Flyers the win.
Sorry, bracket, but you have already been sacrificed to that insatiable beast, Madness. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
When Americans banned Christmas
- It ain't easy being green in the world's most polluted city
Subscribe to the Week