- Say it ain't so March 20
Pepsi scared the hell out of London commuters this morning by tricking them into thinking they were seeing meteor explosions, tigers on the loose, and an alien abduction on their city streets. The beverage company outfitted a bus stop with augmented-reality technology to give riders the illusion that they were looking through a window.
But they weren't.
Pepsi overlaid the live feed of the street with bizarre animations, like a man floating away holding balloons and giant robots attacking innocent Londoners. It obviously didn't take long for people to realize the trick. And, like all good viral campaigns, it was caught on tape. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week