- Second Acts March 21
If you wanted to see Kate Bush perform live at any point in the past 35 years, your only option was a time machine — after her legendary 1979 tour, the popular British singer-songwriter vacated the stage. But on Friday morning, Bush shocked and thrilled fans by offering a more practical option: A series of concerts in London later this year.
On her official website, Bush announced that she'll be playing 15 shows at London's Hammersmith, with dates between August 26 and September 19. Tickets go on sale a week from today at 9:30 a.m. GMT. If you're interested in attending, make sure you're at your computer with your finger on the mouse — they're bound to go fast.
Though Bush has been a reliable chart-topper for decades, she's stayed off the stage for the past three. But if she puts on as much of a show in 2014 as she did in 1979, you might want to book your flight now: A critic at Melody Maker called her 1979 show at Birmingham "the most magnificent spectacle ever encountered in the world of rock."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week