- There Will Be Dragons March 21
Are you Mike Ross of Hoboken, New Jersey? If not, you missed your chance to accomplish a feat that has eluded even Robb Stark and Stannis Baratheon: Wrestling the Iron Throne away from King Joffrey.
At last night's sold-out Game of Thrones fan event in Brooklyn's Barclays Center, author George R.R. Martin gave away a very special prize: A full-size replica of the Iron Throne from the HBO series. To select the winner, Martin read the name of a random seat number, which happened to be occupied by Ross. "I have no idea where I'm going to put it," said Ross in an interview with Reuters. "We'll make a little room for it."
Jealous? Fortunately, you don't have to go to war to get your own Iron Throne: You can buy one directly from HBO for a cool $30,000. (Just remember: No matter how much you want one, don't take a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week