- There Will Be Dragons March 21
Are you Mike Ross of Hoboken, New Jersey? If not, you missed your chance to accomplish a feat that has eluded even Robb Stark and Stannis Baratheon: Wrestling the Iron Throne away from King Joffrey.
At last night's sold-out Game of Thrones fan event in Brooklyn's Barclays Center, author George R.R. Martin gave away a very special prize: A full-size replica of the Iron Throne from the HBO series. To select the winner, Martin read the name of a random seat number, which happened to be occupied by Ross. "I have no idea where I'm going to put it," said Ross in an interview with Reuters. "We'll make a little room for it."
Jealous? Fortunately, you don't have to go to war to get your own Iron Throne: You can buy one directly from HBO for a cool $30,000. (Just remember: No matter how much you want one, don't take a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week