- There Will Be Dragons March 21
Are you Mike Ross of Hoboken, New Jersey? If not, you missed your chance to accomplish a feat that has eluded even Robb Stark and Stannis Baratheon: Wrestling the Iron Throne away from King Joffrey.
At last night's sold-out Game of Thrones fan event in Brooklyn's Barclays Center, author George R.R. Martin gave away a very special prize: A full-size replica of the Iron Throne from the HBO series. To select the winner, Martin read the name of a random seat number, which happened to be occupied by Ross. "I have no idea where I'm going to put it," said Ross in an interview with Reuters. "We'll make a little room for it."
Jealous? Fortunately, you don't have to go to war to get your own Iron Throne: You can buy one directly from HBO for a cool $30,000. (Just remember: No matter how much you want one, don't take a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How neuroscience can help us understand political partisanship
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
Subscribe to the Week