- There Will Be Dragons March 21
Are you Mike Ross of Hoboken, New Jersey? If not, you missed your chance to accomplish a feat that has eluded even Robb Stark and Stannis Baratheon: Wrestling the Iron Throne away from King Joffrey.
At last night's sold-out Game of Thrones fan event in Brooklyn's Barclays Center, author George R.R. Martin gave away a very special prize: A full-size replica of the Iron Throne from the HBO series. To select the winner, Martin read the name of a random seat number, which happened to be occupied by Ross. "I have no idea where I'm going to put it," said Ross in an interview with Reuters. "We'll make a little room for it."
Jealous? Fortunately, you don't have to go to war to get your own Iron Throne: You can buy one directly from HBO for a cool $30,000. (Just remember: No matter how much you want one, don't take a loan from the Iron Bank of Braavos.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week