- shocker March 21
So, that just happened.
In the latest in a string of upsets that have upended the 2014 tournament, No. 14 Mercer knocked off No. 3 Duke on Friday afternoon, 78-71.
The win was Mercer's first NCAA tournament victory ever, and the team, led by Kevin Canevari, celebrated with some very fancy footwork:
The celebration is understandable, especially considering how many Instant Bracket Masters taking part in Warren Buffett's Tournament Challenge bet against the school:
Just 3.3% of the 11 million Tournament Challenge brackets had Mercer advancing, the lowest percentage of the 14-seeds.— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 21, 2014
So, if you're one of the 2,185 people who still has a perfect bracket — want to be best friends?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Confessions of a hotel insider
Subscribe to the Week