- Quotables March 21
The Academy handed out 24 separate awards at the 86th Oscars ceremony earlier this month — but if you asked the average person what he or she remembers about the evening, it would probably involve something about pizza, selfies, or Adele Dazeem. The latter really took off, spawning a Twitter parody, countless memes, and a "Travoltify Yourself" name generator that quickly became Slate's highest-trafficked article of all time.
But how does Frozen's Idina Menzel — the subject of John Travolta's unfortunate Oscar flub — feel about the fact that "Adele Dazeem" has taken on a life of her own? As it turns out, she's just fine with it. "That threw me for a minute, but then I just got back on track and reminded myself of where I was," says Menzel in an interview with Billboard. "He was really gracious and sent me this gorgeous email, and we're buddies and it's all cool. Please, I mean, I've only benefited from it." Way to let it go, Adele.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week