- This just in March 22
(AP Photo/ China State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense)
The Chinese satellites’ imagery comes just days after Australian satellites picked up similar visuals of possible debris and outlined a region of the Indian and Southern Oceans for searching:
(AMSA via Getty Images)
Still, the reported size of the newly seen object (74 feet by 43 feet) differs from that of the missing plane, which has a wingspan of 199 feet but a body diameter of just 20 feet. Australian ships and aircraft were nevertheless dispatched to the debris.
“Tenuous though it is, this is the first credible evidence of anything that has happened to flight MH370,” Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott told reporters at a press conference in Papua New Guinea.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week