- Look at this March 22
Imagine: Somewhere in Omaha, Warren Buffett sits in a comfortable recliner. Dairy Queen blizzard in one hand, remote control in the other, the billionaire watches his money grow safer by each final score flashing on the television screen.
Well played, Buffett, well played.
Less than a week into the NCAA tournament, Buffett’s Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Challenge saw all of its 11 million contenders make at least one wrong bracket pick. The 20 people with the best imperfect brackets will still each win $100,000, but if you were planning to quit your day job, well, sorry but you should clock in as usual on Monday.
In the meantime, accept March Madness for what it is: A crazy couple of weeks with upsets galore, Cinderella storylines aplenty, and some pretty great photos to boot. --Sarah Eberspacher
No. 11 Dayton 60, No. 6 Ohio State 59 | (Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)
No. 12 North Dakota State 80, No. 5 Oklahoma 75 | (James Snook-USA TODAY Sports)
No. 14 Mercer 78, No. 3 Duke 71 | (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
No. 12 SF Austin 77, No. 5 VCU 75 | (AP Photo/Denis Poroy)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- How Obama inadvertently made an Israeli war with Iran all but inevitable
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week