- Living Large March 23
The University of Dayton Flyers are the Cinderella story so far of this year's NCAA hoops tournament. The No. 11 seed knocked off in-state rival Ohio State on Thursday, and followed that up with a thrilling win over No. 3 Syracuse Saturday to punch a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen — the school's first trip there in 30 years. So how did Dayton celebrate? Like so:
Yep, that's Dayton President Daniel Curran atop some exuberant students' shoulders. In addition to hoisting the school president, hundreds of revelers also blocked roads around campus, and at least eight people were arrested for celebrating a bit too hard.
Dayton will play Stanford — who notched their own upset victory over No. 2 Kansas on Sunday — in the next round.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week