- FYI March 24
While it wasn't the second-coming of The Hunger Games, the dystopian action flick Divergent did rather well for itself, bringing in an estimated $56 million in the weekend box office. While it was a slightly lower-than-expected opening, fans can rejoice; a sequel, Insurgent, is slated for release in March of next year while the final piece in the trilogy, Allegiant, will come out in 2016. Kermit and the rest of the gang discovered it's not easy bringing in the green: Muppets Most Wanted came in a distant second, with $16.5 million. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week