- FYI March 24
While it wasn't the second-coming of The Hunger Games, the dystopian action flick Divergent did rather well for itself, bringing in an estimated $56 million in the weekend box office. While it was a slightly lower-than-expected opening, fans can rejoice; a sequel, Insurgent, is slated for release in March of next year while the final piece in the trilogy, Allegiant, will come out in 2016. Kermit and the rest of the gang discovered it's not easy bringing in the green: Muppets Most Wanted came in a distant second, with $16.5 million. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week