- This just in March 24
At least 32 people were injured this morning in Chicago when a commuter train careened off its tracks and veered into an escalator. The eight-car train breached the platform shortly before 3 a.m., according to a fire department spokesman. Twenty-six people were listed in good condition and the other six were listed in fair condition at an area hospital.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known. CTA spokesman Brian Steele said the train appeared to be traveling faster than normal when it entered the station. "We will be looking at everything — equipment, signals, the human factor," Steele said, adding that the conductor was talking with investigators. Read more at NBC Chicago.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week