- Watch this March 24
New Zealand has seen a massive spike in tourism thanks to the all-encompassing popularity of the Lord of the Rings franchise — but can similarly popular movie franchises attract similarly geeky travelers?
Tunisia — which Star Wars fans are more likely to remember as Tatooine, the home planet of the Skywalker family — is testing the waters with a Star Wars-themed video commissioned by the tourism department. The video features a wide range of Star Wars characters dancing to Pharrell's Oscar-nominated "Happy," including C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett, and a moon-walking Stormtrooper.
The video makes an admirable attempt to stay faithful to Star Wars canon; the no-nonsense Darth Vader somehow manages to resist dancing to Pharrell's legendarily catchy song, and every character that appears has actually visited Tatooine at some point during the Star Wars series. (We'll just assume Padme got there through an inter-dimensional time warp.) --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
Subscribe to the Week