- Watch this March 24
New Zealand has seen a massive spike in tourism thanks to the all-encompassing popularity of the Lord of the Rings franchise — but can similarly popular movie franchises attract similarly geeky travelers?
Tunisia — which Star Wars fans are more likely to remember as Tatooine, the home planet of the Skywalker family — is testing the waters with a Star Wars-themed video commissioned by the tourism department. The video features a wide range of Star Wars characters dancing to Pharrell's Oscar-nominated "Happy," including C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett, and a moon-walking Stormtrooper.
The video makes an admirable attempt to stay faithful to Star Wars canon; the no-nonsense Darth Vader somehow manages to resist dancing to Pharrell's legendarily catchy song, and every character that appears has actually visited Tatooine at some point during the Star Wars series. (We'll just assume Padme got there through an inter-dimensional time warp.) --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week