- Watch this March 24
New Zealand has seen a massive spike in tourism thanks to the all-encompassing popularity of the Lord of the Rings franchise — but can similarly popular movie franchises attract similarly geeky travelers?
Tunisia — which Star Wars fans are more likely to remember as Tatooine, the home planet of the Skywalker family — is testing the waters with a Star Wars-themed video commissioned by the tourism department. The video features a wide range of Star Wars characters dancing to Pharrell's Oscar-nominated "Happy," including C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett, and a moon-walking Stormtrooper.
The video makes an admirable attempt to stay faithful to Star Wars canon; the no-nonsense Darth Vader somehow manages to resist dancing to Pharrell's legendarily catchy song, and every character that appears has actually visited Tatooine at some point during the Star Wars series. (We'll just assume Padme got there through an inter-dimensional time warp.) --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week