- Say it ain't so March 24
A London Tube driver was arrested Saturday for allegedly controlling a train full of passengers while drunk. The 50-year-old man was caught after a colleague noticed that he failed to stop at a station where he was due to change shifts with a replacement. The co-worker noted that the driver apparently reeked of alcohol.
The driver didn't provide a breath sample and Transport for London suspended him from his job. Although the trains on the line he was directing drive themselves, drivers are in charge of opening and closing the doors. And being drunk on the job is never a good look — especially since it can lead to criminal charges. A spokesman from the driver's union noted that the organization is aware that an investigation is taking place.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week